Video workouts are the perfect solution when you want to deliver a full workout or video class, (such as a full fitness class, Tabata workout, yoga session, or HIIT workout) allowing your clients to follow-along by seeing you and your instructions simultaneously.
Here is a step-by-step guide to successfully creating video workouts:
- What are video workouts
- How to create a video workout
- How to import a video workout to any program
- Pricing for Video Workouts
What are video workouts
Video workouts are one of the 4 types of workout you can create in Trainerize. As oposed to the other types that allow you to combine shorter exercises to create a longer workout, video workouts allow you to upload full classes or follow-along video workouts, of up to 60 minutes to the Trainerize app.
Video workouts can be added to a client's program or master program, just like all the other workouts.
How to create a video workout
You can create a new video workout from the Master Workouts page, in the Shared folder.
- Go to Master workouts:
- Select the Shared folder.
Please note: Access to editing the Master Workout Shared folder is restricted to certain trainer roles. You can read more about trainer and staff permissions here.
- Under "View All", click on the "NEW" button, if you have any previously made workouts:
Or click on "Build New" if there are none:
- Select "Video" in the "Type of Workout" option:
- Next, in the video workout dialog, you can upload your video, as well as add a name, instructions, and tags to the workout:
- Click "SAVE":
Now that your video workout has been created, you can now import it to any Master or Client Custom Program.
Keep in mind:
- The duration of the video can be: up to 60 min.
- The video format supported: .mp4 or .mov files
- Video orientation: please ensure your video is in landscape format.
- Replacing a video for an existing workout will delete the previous one, cannot be recovered once you agree
- Replacing the video will trickle down to all linked instances (programs, wods)
- Editing the name or instructions will not trickle down to the linked instances.
- You cannot create a new video workout from Master Programs or from a client's Custom Program. However, you can import a video workout from your Master Workouts to any Program.
Check out these best tips for creating killer video classes and workouts!
How to import a video workout to any program
You can import the video workouts just like any other workout type from master workouts.
- First, import the workout into the desired Training Phase:
- Importing the same video workout will not work; you will be notified with an error message in the bottom of the screen:
Keep in mind:
- When importing, imported video workouts will be a linked sequence to original video workout in master workouts, it cannot be edited, you can only delete it from the program.
- Video workout can be imported into a master or custom program
- The instance within a program is linked to the master workout
- You cannot import the same video workout twice within a program training phase
Pricing for Video Workouts
Before your clients can access your video workouts, you’ll need to grab some streaming time credit.
- Streaming time must be purchased in increments.
- Every time a client watches a video workout it counts as a stream.
- Streaming time is deducted in 1-minute increments.
1 pack of client streams contains 100 hours of stream time and costs $10.
Learn more on how to charge for your on-demand video workouts and classes and make on-demand video workouts part of your client programming!
- How to create a video workout content strategy
- Best tips for creating killer video classes and workouts
- How to charge for your on-demand video workouts
- How to market your on-demand video workouts and classes
- Pricing for the video workouts and video call session add-ons
This article was last updated on