Trainerize makes recording, uploading, and storing custom videos in Trainerize fast and efficient. Trainers can upload new exercise videos directly from inside the Trainerize iOS/Android app, or from inside Trainerize on the web.
Compared to YouTube, uploading your videos to Trainerize ensures:
- Videos are always ad-free
- No messy permission controls
- Privacy protected and share-disabled
- Same smart streaming so videos start playing immediately and adjust to the internet speed available
- Designed for the best experience with our mobile app
You may have exercises you want to train your clients with that may not be available in the Trainerize exercise video library. For this reason, we allow trainers to create a library of custom exercise videos to add to the main exercise library. We have two methods of adding custom videos. Either using a link from a YouTube video or by uploading directly to our Trainerize Video Library.
You can add your own exercise videos by following these steps:
- Login to your Trainerize web account
- From the left hand, menu click on "Exercises"
- Click the "New" button
- From the pop-up menu name your exercise
- Select what type of exercise it is (this is important so that the correct type of fields appear to input targets)
- Add any relevant tags and instructions as needed
- Click "Save to Exercise Library"
From the left side, you can then add your video media in one of two ways. There is a dropdown menu showing either "Trainerize Video Drive" or you can switch it to "YouTube Video" (bottom left).
(As you make additions/changes the system will auto-save)
- Drag and drop an MP4 or an MOV file (a recorded video file), 500mb (max size) onto the area indicated to upload to our Trainerize Video Drive.
- Copy and paste a link directly from video on YouTube you wish to use in the field indicated. This can be a video that you created and hosted on YouTube or another video that you found on YouTube that you wish to use.
Trainerize Video Drive option:
YouTube Video option:
Ensure that you give the exercise a name, the type of exercise for tracking the proper associated stats, and instructions (optional). (As you make additions/changes the system will auto-save)
(Once you are finished just "X" out of the pop-up box)
- What exercise stats can be tracked?
- About Master Programs
- When to use a Master Program or a Client's Custom Program?
- Copy To vs Import From vs Move
- Setting Up The YouTube Add-On (Batch Import)
- Add Custom Exercise Directly Through Mobile App
This article was last updated on