You may have exercises you want to train your clients with that may not be available in the Trainerize exercise video library. For this reason, we allow trainers to create a library of custom exercise videos to add to the main exercise library. We have two methods of adding in custom videos. Either using a link from a YouTube video or by uploading directly to our Trainerize Video Library.
You can add your own exercise videos by following these steps:
- Login to your Trainerize web account
- From the left hand menu click on "Exercises"
- Click the "New" button
- From the pop-up menu name your exercise
- Select what type of exercise it is (this is important so that the correct type of fields appear to input targets)
- Add any relevant tags and instructions as needed
- Click "Save to Exercise Library"
From the left side, you can then add your video media in one of two ways. There is a dropdown menu showing either "Trainerize Video Drive" or you can switch it to "YouTube Video" (bottom left).
(As you make additions/changes the system will auto-save)
- Drag and drop an MP4 or an MOV file (a recorded video file) onto the area indicated to upload to our Trainerize Video Drive
- Copy and paste a link directly from video on YouTube you wish to use in the field indicated. This can be a video that you created and hosted on YouTube or another video that you found on YouTube that you wish to use.
Trainerize Video Drive option:
YouTube Video option:
Ensure that you give the exercise a name, the type of exercise for tracking the proper associated stats, and instructions (optional). (As you make additions/changes the system will auto-save)
(Once you are finished just "X" out of the pop-up box)
- What exercise stats can be tracked?
- Master Workouts & Master Programs Libraries
- When to use a Master Program or a Client's Custom Program?
- Copy To vs Import From vs Move
- Setting Up The YouTube Add-On (Batch Import)
- Add Custom Exercise Directly Through Mobile App