Think of Programs as long-term fitness journeys made up of back-to back training plans. By combining multiple training plans, and scheduling regular body measurement reminders, trainers can build comprehensive fitness curricula designed to grow and progress with their clients, following them through the different stages of their lives and fitness journeys.
Every new Program starts with a trainer deciding how many training plans they’d like to include and how long each one should be. This lets you periodize your training, building stages or phases that clients can gradually progress through on their way to building a healthy lifestyle.
Depending on your Role (Admin, Manager, Trainer etc) you will see three different folders in your Master Programs page: Shared, Mine and Browse by Trainer. Admins and Owners can decide which folder to add the new program to. When a regular or shared trainer builds a new program, those programs are automatically added to their “Mine” folder. To learn more about Program folders and permissions, please see this article.
Build a Program by following these steps:
1. From the left-hand menu, select Master Programs
2. At the top left, select blue “+NEW” button and then select “Build New”
3. In the pop-up dialog, enter a name for your Program then select the number of plans you’d like to include in the Program, and the duration for each training plan.
By default, the option to automatically schedule progress photos and weigh-ins at the start/end of each training plan will be checked. If you would prefer not to include these in your program or would like to schedule them manually, uncheck the box.
Click “Start Building”.
4. Select the first training plan and choose how you would like to add workouts to the training plan. You can choose to either build a new workout or import workouts from other Master Programs, Master Workouts or Client Programs.
5. Repeat this process to add workouts to each of your Program’s training plans. If you wish to add a new training plan, you can import entire training plans from other Master Programs or Client Programs or simply hit “Add Next”. Click the three vertical dots next to the training plan’s current name to view the drop-down menu with more options such as Rename, Duplicate, Delete etc.
6. Now that you’ve added workouts to your training plans, you can schedule those workouts on the Program’s master calendar.
7. To schedule a workout, cardio activity, body stat reminder, progress photo reminder or an auto message, click on a day in the schedule and follow the prompts in the pop-up dialog.
To delete a scheduled item simply click on it and select “DELETE” from the pop-up dialog. To move an item to another day, click and hold the item and drag it to another day within that training plan.
8. Now it's time to subscribe clients to your program or copy the program to their calendar. Note that any subsequent changes made to the Program Template will be automatically pushed out to all clients subscribed to that Program, but not if the Program is copied to the client.
REMEMBER: The training plans that are part of a Program have their workouts scheduled on a Program Schedule, not a client calendar.
What’s the difference? Calendars, like the ones used for stand-alone training plans, are tied to actual dates and allow trainers to schedule workouts in relation to the current day, week, month, or year. In comparison, Program Schedules aren’t tied to any specific dates. Instead, they show the number of days in your Program broken down into 7-day weeks.
For example, If you build a program with 4 training plans, each 4 weeks long, the schedule will show you 112 days broken into 16 weeks. The numbers you see on the schedule correspond with the day of the program, not with the day of the month.