There’s now an easier, more seamless way for clients to track their meals in-app! With full macro tracking, clients can easily track their meals, calories, and macros right within the app!
In this article we will go over:
- How to enable the in-app full meal tracking feature.
- How clients can track their meals using the full macro tracker.
How to Enable the In-App Full Meal Tracking Feature:
Trainers will need to enable the In-App Meal Tracking workflow for clients who do not yet have a meal tracking workflow selected. If the client already has third-party meal tracking integrations enabled like Fitbit or MyFitnessPal, the Trainer will need to switch the workflow over to In-App Meal Tracking.
There are a few ways to enable the In-App Meal Tracking workflow:
1. From the Client's Profile Card:
To get to the client's profile card, click the client's name anywhere on the platform. Click Edit at the top and then you can then select In-App and Full Meal Tracking in the Meal Workflow section. Remember to scroll back up and click SAVE when you are done.
To switch multiple clients at once to track using the in-app meal tracking, check out this help article.
2.) By Creating a Nutrition Goal With In-App Meal Tracking Selected:
In the Client's profile, select the Goals and Habits tab. Select +NEW, then select Daily Nutrition Goal from the drop-down menu.
Select one of the three types of Nutrition Goals (Calories only, Calories and Protein, Calories and Full Macros) and enter in their goal.
For the "How will client track compliance" section, select Track meal details and then select In-App from the drop-down menu.
To read more about creating a Nutrition Goal, please see our article here.
3.) Have the Clients Enable the In-App Meal Tracking Themselves:
Clients can also go to the More section of their account on the mobile app and double-check that the Full Meal Tracking has been selected, and if not, change it themselves.
How Clients Can Track Their Meals Using the In-App Meal Tracking Feature:
Note that only clients are able to add Meals to their calendars. Trainers are not able to do this on behalf of the client.
Adding the meal
1. To track a meal on mobile, select “+” on the bottom right to pull up the menu and select Meal.
2. Right away, after selecting to track a “Meal,” the client will be able to snap a photo of their meal, upload a photo from their gallery, or skip the photo and go straight to logging the meal.
Searching for a Food & Barcode Scanning
3. Next clients can add in all of the foods that make up their meal. This can be done by searching for the food in the search bar.
Additionally, clients can also easily add the item by scanning the barcode (available for the US, Canada, Australia, and the UK).
Any recently selected foods will be stored in the RECENT tab. And by tapping on the name of the food, clients will be able to view all of the details of the food. This includes the serving information, calories, macros, and micronutrients.
Tip: If a client wants the food to appear under their FAVORITES tab for ease of access to their favorite foods, they can simply tap the heart icon on the top right corner.
Adding Custom Foods
If a food does not exist when a client searches for the food, they can go to the CUSTOM tab and add a custom food manually.
They will be able to input the name of the food, serving size, calories (all required), including optional info like macros and micronutrient details, and include a photo.
Adding the Meal
4. After adding in the foods, clients will see an overview of what’s been added to the meal. They can adjust the serving size, add in more foods, add a description, and update the photo if they wish then hit SAVE to save the meal. And ta-da! A new meal has been tracked! 🙌
The meal will also be automatically tagged as Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, or Snack depending on the client’s phone’s time (based on the moment they hit save).
- MEAL TIMEFRAMES
- breakfast - 06:00am-10:00am (4 hours)
- snack 1 - 10:00am-11:30 am (1.5 hours)
- lunch - 11:30am- 15:00pm (3.5 hours)
- snack 2 - 15:00pm-18:00pm (3 hours)
- dinner - 18:00pm-21:00pm (3 hours) after dinner snacks until breakfast
Adding a Past Meal
We’ve made it easy for clients to track a past meal by allowing them to select the meal from their meal history.
- Click the lower right-hand clock icon to bring up any previously tracked meals.
- Select the meal and click Add
There can only be one meal per Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. If the meal already exists, the client will be prompted to replace it with the newer meal or keep the new meal as a snack.
How to add a meal to multiple days (for clients)
To add a meal to multiple days, follow these steps.
1. In your mobile app, click on the "+" icon at the bottom-right of the screen.
2. Click on the "Date" option at the top.
3. Select the desired dates in the present or past that you wish to add the meal to.
4. Once done, select "Meal".
5. Enter the details of what's in the meal and then click "Next". Once the details of the meal have been entered, click on "Save" at the top-right. Your meal has been saved to multiple dates successfully.
Important note: Meals can only be added to multiple days in the present and/or past. They cannot be added to a date in the future.
- In-App Meal Tracking: Sharing Meal Photos
- How to Switch to Another Meal Tracker Workflow
- How to Measure Workout and Nutrition Compliance
- How does meal planning work with Evolution Nutrition and Trainerize? [Video]
- What syncs and what can I track from MyFitnessPal in Trainerize?
- How to Monitor Client Nutrition with Fitbit
This article was last updated on