- I upgraded to a Studio plan from a Pro plan - what additional features do I get?
- Why do I have to create Developer Accounts for Apple and/or Google?
- Can I just have an Apple App/Android App - Do I need to have both Apps?
- How long does the process take? How soon can I have my App ready and live for my clients?
- Will I get any updates or previews of my App?
- What is a "white-label" app?
- Will there be any difference or lag in the app while I'm working on this? Will clients notice a change?
- What customizations can I have?
Please see some common Frequently Asked Questions below:
I upgraded to a Studio plan from a Pro plan - what additional features do I get?
- We are so excited that you have grown your business! The Studio Custom Branded App has more customizable features than Pro. The Pro customization is more focused on basic and minimal branding: you only get your topbar colour changed and a welcome screen; with a Studio Custom Branded App - you get a full white-label version of the Trainerize app: you have your own listings in Apple and Google, your brand's colour palatte, and more. Your app is designed by our professional, senior designers. The studio Custom Branded App is a collaborative process.
Why do I have to create Developer Accounts for Apple and/or Google?
- Trainerize cannot create the accounts on your behalf, as the Developer Accounts need to be directly under your business entity for the App(s) to be published. In order for the Apps to be listed under your business, they cannot be created by Trainerize.
Can I just have an Apple App/Android App - Do I need to have both Apps?
- Yes. Our mission is to Make Fitness Accessible. In order to accomplish this, we will need to create Apps for both devices. Some of your clients will have Apple devices, while others will have Android devices; there will even be some with both! In order for your clients to be able to access your App and help you generate more business, we will have to create apples under both Apple and Google.
How long does the process take? How soon can I have my App ready and live for my clients?
- Typically, we can get this done in 4-6 business weeks.This range is dependent on when your Developer Accounts are created and when Trainerize has been added as Admins. Additionally, time is spent on the design process and getting it approved. Lastly, there may be rejections from Apple and/or Google that we will have to dispute that will cause a delay in your App live date. Common rejections are:
- Proof of ownership required
- Proof of trademark required for App name
We suggest you keep these documents available so as to help with the turnaround time. Trainerize will assist in the process of disputing/claims.
Will I get any updates or previews of my App?
- Yes. Both your Onboarding Specialist and a member of our Custom Branded App Team will keep you updated on the status of your Studio Custom Branded App. You will be provided with a preview of your App before we publish it, so you can approve the design.
What is a "white label" app?
- This is a term applied to any app that is built from a standard design.
As you might imagine, building and designing an app from the ground up is a complicated—and for most businesses, prohibitively expensive—process.
The white-label app used by Trainerize is the Trainerize app that you have used or seen a demo of. By using our app, we customize the app with images and colours according to the needs of each client.
This allows us to provide apps to a far wider range of businesses than would otherwise be possible—including many businesses who simply don't have the resources to develop an in-house app of their own.
Will there be any difference or lag in the app while I'm working on this? Will clients notice a change?
- No, clients should not notice any changes at this time. When you white-label app is ready, you and your clients can log in with all your data/information there.
What customizations can I have?
- The Custom Branded App offers you design branding to match your brand and company. This includes logo, splash screens, and font colour. Please note, widgets, icons, cannot be customized for the Studio level at this time; it is only available for Enterprise.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us. Our team is always here to help!
- Studio/Enterprise Custom Branded App: Required Assets
- Studio/Enterprise Custom Branded App: Apple Developer Account
- Studio/Enterprise Custom Branded App: Google Developer Account
- Studio/Enterprise Custom Branded App: Adding Trainerize to your Developer Accounts
This article was last updated on