Who doesn’t love a good sale? Offering discount codes are a great way to get a potential client’s foot in the door. Not only are you creating an incentive to buy your services but you’ve made a positive first impression towards your business, which is a great strategy to bring in more clients and drive sales. Be creative while also creating a sense of urgency with limited time seasonal discounts such as “WINTERWARRIORS” and “SPRINGSPRINTERS"!
For new Products, discount codes will take effect at the time of purchase or when a trainer applies a code to client’s account. For existing Products, discount codes will take effect as of the next billing date. Trainers can add and remove discount codes whenever you choose.
You can choose exactly which products your discount codes apply to. Apply them to one or multiple products and say hello to 100% control over how much you charge for your services.
There are also options to set the maximum number of times a coupon can be redeemed across all clients, and an option to limit redemptions to once per client.
Creating a Discount Code
- In Payments, click on Discount Codes in the left navigation menu.
- Click the + New button in the Discount Codes toolbar.
- In the dialog pop-up, start creating a discount code by choosing a unique name made up of letters and numbers only. You could also use our code generator to use a unique code that we will generate for you!
- Choose a discount type (percent or amount off) and enter the discount value. If it exceeds the product price that it's applied to, the product will be free.
- Choose a duration type for the discount code:
- Entire duration of product: This discount code is valid for the entire length of the product. You can use this discount code for one-time or recurring products. When applied to recurring products, the discount will apply for each billing cycle.
- First billing cycle only: When applied to recurring products, the discount code will only apply to the first billing cycle. After that, the full price will be charged. When applied to one-time upfront products, because there is only one billing cycle, the discount code will apply to the entire duration of the product.
- Valid for: When applied to recurring products, the discount code will apply to each billing cycle that falls within the select number of days, weeks, months or years. After that, the full price will be charged. When applied to one-time upfront products, because there is only one billing cycle, the discount code will apply to the entire duration of the product, even if that extends beyond the time in which the discount code is valid.
Deleting a Discount Code
- Click on the Payments tab.
- Select Discount Codes from the sidebar menu.
- Check the box next to the code you wish to remove.
- Click the garbage can icon to delete the Discount Code from Trainerize.