Q: Will you change the calorie limits anytime soon? Currently the minimum calories are set to 1400.
A: With low/ultra-low caloric plans, there is a greater risk of adverse health effects. Since we operate in so many countries, we need to consider the global legal landscape regarding this. If you’d like to see the minimum calories set below 1400, please Vote here.
Q: Do you plan on allowing for custom macro splits in the Smart Meal Planner?
A: We are currently not looking to have open, custom macros. However we are looking to expand our macro split selection. Please vote for the macro splits you’d like to see added:
- Include 45% P / 25% C / 30% F macro split
- Include a 45% P / 35% C / 20% F macro split
- Include 40% P / 40% C / 20% F macro split
- Add 25% P / 5% C / 70% F macro split (keto)
- Include 45% P / 30% C / 25% F Macro split
- Include 50% P / 20% C / 30% F macro split
- Add 50% P / 5% C / 45% F macro split (keto)
- Add 45% P / 5% C / 50% carb macro split (keto)
Q: Are we going to allow for “grams” in the SMP?
A: Yes, in a future release! Vote on our ideas page.
Q: Is there a roadmap for the estimated release of the additional advanced nutrition coaching features?
A: Yes. Absolutely! The next 3 items that are important for us are:
- Feedback from launch like metrics display for recipes for non-US users etc.
- The ability to add custom meals/food for clients to track in the in-app meal tracker and discover recipes.
- The ability to generate grocery lists.
Q: How many more recipes will you add to the Smart Meal Planner?
A: We add to our recipe library on a daily basis! Feedback is always welcome if you’d like to suggest some of your favorite recipes. Feel free to reach out here.
Q: What are the additional coaching features coming out?
A: This article shows the additional planned Advanced Meal Coaching features.
Q: Will Trainers be able to create custom meals for the Smart Meal Planner?
A: Yes, the ability to create and add your own custom meals to the Smart Meal Planner will be coming shortly. We don’t have a fixed release date just yet but vote here to get notified once it’s ready.
Q: Are we adding more days to the Smart Meal Planner?
A: Yes, the plan is to extend it to 7 or 14 days. Vote here.
Q: What nutrition services can I legally provide to my clients as a personal trainer/coach?
- Check your local laws and legislations from the local regulating body in your state, province, city, or country to get clarity on whether or not nutrition advice/services are a regulated practice. That way, you can make an informed decision on what nutrition services you’re able to deliver.
- Pursue a nutrition certification from an accredited body like Precision Nutrition ACE, or NASM to level-up your skills and knowledge around nutrition coaching.
- Consider partnering with a qualified professional according to your local laws and legislations such as a local Dietician or Registered Nutritionist to deliver nutrition services that are beyond your scope.
If you are not certified, offer nutrition guidance instead. Here are some ideas on ways you can inspire your clients to start thinking about their nutrition habits and how you can help them with some guidance.
This article was last updated on