We’ve made it easier (and possible) for clients to track what they eat in-app with our latest feature, meal photos! Clients can quickly snap a photo or upload a photo from their gallery to log their breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacks right within the app. It’s perfect for clients who still want to stay accountable to their nutrition goals without tracking their macros in detail.
In this article we will go over:
How to submit meal photos (for clients)
1. By default, any new clients will have In-app meal tracking with meal photos automatically selected. If you are switching a client from a different workflow, then you must select In-App and Meal Photos in the Meal Workflow section from the client's profile card. Remember to scroll back up and click SAVE when you are done.
To switch multiple clients at once to track using meal photos, check out this help article.
Clients can also go to the More section of their account on the mobile app. Next, select Meal Tracker and then Meal Photos to switch to their workflow at any time.
2. Tap on the plus sign at the bottom of the screen and then select Meal from the menu that follows.
3. Next, you will be prompted to either take a picture or select one from your photo gallery.
4. If you choose to select a photo, you will have the chance to adjust/fit the picture into the square before you select Choose.
5. Once the meal is submitted, clients and trainers can view the photos under the Things to do today section on the client's Dash tab by tapping on Meals Added. On the following page, there are two options:
- Select the menu icon for each individual meal to either copy to another day (in the past or same day) or delete.
- Select the menu icon at the very top right of the page for more editing and copying options as well as the option to delete.
Please note: only one breakfast, lunch and dinner type can be added per day. Snacks are unlimited. If you wish to replace a breakfast, lunch or dinner, you can do so as shown below.
Commenting on meal photos (for trainers and clients)
Tapping on the comment icon at the top of the screen will produce a messaging option for clients. Here they can comment on the meals for that day (just like they can for a workout). Trainers can then comment back from the web as shown below.
🍓 We’re excited to share that a brand new way to deliver nutrition coaching is on the way! From allowing clients to track their meals right within the app to delivering sample, custom meal plans in seconds and so much more, you’ll empower your clients to make healthier choices and level up on their health.
Start your journey with nutrition coaching and be the first to know when it’s here! Get on the list today!
- How to Measure Workout and Nutrition Compliance
- How does meal planning work with Evolution Nutrition and Trainerize? [Video]
- What syncs and what can I track from MyFitnessPal in Trainerize?
- How to Monitor Client Nutrition with Fitbit
This article was last updated on