We’ve made it easier (and possible) for clients to track what they eat in-app with our latest feature, meal photos! Clients can quickly snap a photo or upload a photo from their gallery to log their breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacks right within the app. It’s perfect for clients who still want to stay accountable to their nutrition goals without tracking their macros in detail.
In this article we will go over:
- How clients can share meal photos and edit them through the mobile app
- Commenting on meal photos
- How to add a meal to multiple days
How to submit meal photos (for clients)
1. By default, any new clients will have In-app meal tracking with meal photos automatically selected. If you are switching a client from a different workflow, then you must select In-App and Meal Photos in the Meal Workflow section from the client's profile card. Remember to scroll back up and click SAVE when you are done.
To switch multiple clients at once to track using meal photos, check out this help article.
Clients can also go to the More section of their account on the mobile app. Next, select Meal Tracker and then Meal Photos to switch to their workflow at any time.
2. Tap on the plus sign at the bottom of the screen and then select Meal from the menu that follows.
3. Next, you will be prompted to either take a picture or select one from your photo gallery.
4. If you choose to select a photo, you will have the chance to adjust/fit the picture into the square before you select Choose.
5. Once the meal is submitted, clients and trainers can view the photos via the client's Dash by tapping on the nutrition goal!
Please note: only one breakfast, lunch and dinner type can be added per day. Snacks are unlimited. If you wish to replace a breakfast, lunch or dinner, you can do so as shown below.
Commenting on meal photos (for trainers and clients)
Tapping on the comment icon at the top of the screen will produce a messaging option for clients. Here they can comment on the meals for that day (just like they can for a workout). Trainers can then comment back from the web as shown below.
How to add a meal to multiple days (for clients)
To add a meal to multiple days, follow these steps.
1. In your mobile app, click on the "+" icon at the bottom-right of the screen.
2. Click on the "Date" option at the top.
3. Select the desired dates in the present or past that you wish to add the meal to.
4. Once done, select "Meal".
5. Take a photo of your meal OR Select an image from your camera roll, and then click "Review". Once the details of the meal have been entered, click on "Log" at the top-right. Your meal has been saved to multiple dates successfully.
- How to Measure Workout and Nutrition Compliance
- How does meal planning work with Evolution Nutrition and Trainerize? [Video]
- What syncs and what can I track from MyFitnessPal in Trainerize?
- How to Monitor Client Nutrition with Fitbit
This article was last updated on