Offer Free App Trials with Training Pay
If you're using Trainerize Pay, you can set up a "free app trial" by creating a 100% OFF discount code. Free trials are a great way to get a potential client’s foot in the door. Not only are you creating an incentive to buy your services, but you’ve made a positive first impression towards your business, which is a great strategy to bring in more clients and drive sales.
For new Products, discount codes will take effect at the time of purchase or when a trainer applies a code to client’s account. For existing Products, discount codes will take effect as of the next billing date. Trainers can add and remove discount codes whenever you choose.
You can choose exactly which products your discount codes apply to. Apply them to one or multiple products and say hello to full control over how much you charge for your services.
There are also options to set the maximum number of times a coupon can be redeemed across all clients, and an option to limit redemptions to once per client.
Creating a 100% OFF Discount Code
- In Payments, click on Discount Codes in the left navigation menu.
- Click the + New button in the Discount Codes toolbar.
- In the dialog pop-up, start creating a discount code by choosing a unique name made up of letters and numbers only. You could also use our code generator to use a unique code that we will generate for you!
- Choose a duration type for the discount code:
- Entire duration of product: This discount code is valid for the entire length of the product. You can use this discount code for one-time or recurring products. When applied to recurring products, the discount will apply for each billing cycle.
- First billing cycle only: When applied to recurring products, the discount code will only apply to the first billing cycle. After that, the full price will be charged. When applied to one-time upfront products, because there is only one billing cycle, the discount code will apply to the entire duration of the product.
- Valid for: When applied to recurring products, the discount code will apply to each billing cycle that falls within the select number of days, weeks, months or years. After that, the full price will be charged. When applied to one-time upfront products, because there is only one billing cycle, the discount code will apply to the entire duration of the product, even if that extends beyond the time in which the discount code is valid.
Sharing your 100% OFF Discount Code With Your Clients
1. Go back to the Products Page.
2. Select a product that you want to attach the discount to and click on "Create a discount link":
3. On the next dialog select: Type the discount code and hit "Generate":
There are 2 types of share links that help you close a self-serve sale online.
- The Product Link allows you to quickly share a product detail on Instagram, Facebook or within an email.
- The Checkout Link takes clients to the pay and checkout screen for that product right away. This can also be used when you're integrating a "Buy button: on your Facebook page or website or "Swipe up" on Instagram.
After copying the discount code, test out the link to ensure that it works! The Purchase Dialog on Trainerize.me should be pre-populated with the discount code.
NOTE: If the discount code is no longer valid or has exceeded its redemption limit, it will simply be ignored by the Purchase Dialog.
5. Share the link with your clients so they can get access to your free app trial right away!
This article was last updated on