In this section, we will answer frequently asked questions about the Apple Watch app and troubleshooting any other watch app issues.
- Why can't I see the Apple Watch app on my watch
- How do I update my Apple Watch to OS 7 for sleep tracking?
- Why don't I see my custom mobile app icon on my watch app?
- Why can't I see any features as a trainer?
- Why are my steps, sleep and other information not syncing from my Apple Watch?
- Does the Apple Watch app count towards my Activity Rings?
Why can't I see the Apple Watch App on my watch
In order to make sure that you and your clients have access to the Apple Watch integration, check the following steps:
- Ensure you and your clients have the latest mobile app version 7.0 and above. The watch app is bundled with the iOS app and will automatically install on the watch. Please note that Custom Branded Apps get updated within a few days of the Trainerize app so please check your app version and Apple and Google Store version.
- Ensure you have auto-install turn on within your iOS Watch app. You can refer to Apple's instructions here.
How do I update my Apple Watch to OS 7 for sleep tracking?
You can find Apple's instructions here to update your Watch OS.
Why don't I see my custom mobile app icon on my watch app?
If you have a Pro custom mobile app, the watch app icon cannot be changed after install in the same way as the iOS app. Apple only provides the ability to customize the iOS app icon.
If you require a custom watch app icon, this is available in the Studio/Enterprise custom mobile app, which is a completely separate app under your own developer account. This is available as part of any Studio or Enterprise plan.
Why can't I see any features as a trainer?
Currently, the watch app is only available for a client, with trainer features coming in the future. If you are interested in using the watch app as a client, you can refer to How can trainers train themselves as a client too?.
If you have any ideas on any trainer features for the watch app, please add them to our idea forum.
Why are my steps, sleep, and other information not syncing from my Apple Watch?
If you’re experiencing issues with syncing, you may have to reset your Apple HealthKit permissions. These permissions allow your Apple Watch information to sync over to the app.
For more detailed troubleshooting steps, please refer to our article: Troubleshooting for Clients - Apple Watch/Health Not Syncing With ABC Trainerize
Does the Apple Watch app count towards my Activity Rings?
When using the Apple Watch App to record workouts, your information will sync to Apple’s Activity and Health Apps. This information is recorded and broken down into three goals: Move, Exercise and Stand, which make up the Activity Rings on your Apple Watch.
For more information on Apple Watch Activity Rings and how to configure them, follow Apple’s instructions here:
- How does a client connect Fitbit to Trainerize?
- How does a client connect Withings to Trainerize?
- How can clients connect to Apple Health and Apple Watch
This article was last updated on