This is typically caused by a transient issue, which causes the app to terminate or give you an error. It's usually a function of how many apps you have open and how much system memory is left. Basic troubleshooting, like turning off your device for a minute, often helps to relieve the issue.
We're working hard to eliminate all bugs, but due to variations among different devices and mobile phone operating systems, this is a challenging task. If you do encounter a problem, basic troubleshooting usually helps to resolve it.
- Power off your device, then let it sit for a full 60 seconds. You can do this by holding down the power button at the top of your device, then following the on-screen commands to fully shut down the device. After 60 seconds, hold the power button down again to turn the device back on.
- Close out any other apps that are open by double-tapping the home button (iPhone) and swiping up to close each of the apps. For Android click on the multi-tasking menu key and you can either use the "Close All" or swipe to close each one individually.
- Delete the Trainerize app and then reinstall it from the Apple App Store (iPhone) or Google Play Store (Android). To uninstall on iPhone, locate the Trainerize app on your home screen. Press and hold the icon until it wiggles. Then, click the "X" at the top left of the Trainerize icon to delete the app. To uninstall for Android go to your device's Settings app. Select Apps or Application manager. Tap the Trainerize app. You may need to scroll to find the app. Tap Uninstall. Once the app is uninstalled, go to your App Store and search for Trainerize to reinstall.
- If possible, update to the most recent version of the devices operating system software (Apple iOS/Google Android). For iPhone, you can do this by opening the Settings app. Tap on "General" and then "Software Update". This will install any updates available to your device. For Android, open your phone's settings. Tap on "About phone" or "About tablet". Tap on "Software Update" or "System Update". Tap on "Update" or "Check for system updates". This will install any updates.
If you're still having trouble after trying all of these steps, please reach out to us for further help at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to Delete and Reinstall the Trainerize App
- How and where do I download the mobile app?
- How does the mobile app work for Clients/Trainers?
- What is Trainerize? + Getting Started Overview
This article was last updated on