You can downgrade from a paid plan to a free plan within your Trainerize Billing page found under Settings.
- Login to your Trainerize web account
- Click on "My Account" in the bottom left-hand corner
- From the My Account menu click on "Billing"
- From the page displayed click on "Cancel subscription"
Depending on the plan you are on when downgrading to a Free plan you might run into one of the following situations:
- The plan you want to downgrade to (Free Plan) has fewer client seats (1 client seat allowed on Free Plan) than your number of your current active clients. You will then need to deactivate/delete some of the extra active clients you have. If you don't do this, downgrading will automatically deactivate some of them to fit your Free plan limit. (Deactivated clients can be reactivated easily if you ever want to train them later). We recommend doing this yourself prior to selecting a new plan to have complete control of your clients.
- The new plan you want to downgrade to has fewer locations. This will prompt a dialog to move your clients to the location you want to keep. Otherwise, this change will be processed automatically and we'll move all your clients to the remaining location. We recommend doing this yourself prior to selecting a new plan so you have complete control of your locations.
- When switching to a Studio plan to a Pro or Grow plan, the Studio-level theming will be removed from your app, in-app e-commerce features will be disabled, and both the iOS and Android versions will be removed from the Apple App Store and Google Play store.
After you solve any of these conflicts, you will be able to purchase another plan. Once you click "Continue", the following things will happen:
- You will be asked to fill out a downgrade survey. Fill out the survey, and continue to downgrade your account
- Your account will remain active, on a Free plan and you will not be billed again. In order to permanently delete your account and information, click here.
- You will only be able to manage one client with some feature limitations
- Do I need a credit card to sign up?
- How do I apply a coupon code to my Trainerize account?
- How do I upgrade or downgrade between paid plans
- How do I permanently delete my account?
- How do I update the credit card on my account
This article was last updated on