Video workouts are the perfect solution when you want to deliver a full workout or video class, (such as a full fitness class, Tabata workout, yoga session, or HIIT workout) allowing your clients to follow-along by seeing you and your instructions simultaneously.
In this article we're going to cover:
- What are video workouts
- How to create a video workout
- How to import a video workout to any program?
- Pricing and public launch
What are video workouts?
Video workouts are one of the 4 types of workout you can create in Trainerize. As oposed to the other types that allow you to combine shorter exercises to create a longer workout, video workouts allow you to upload full classes or follow-along video workouts, of up to 60 minutes to the Trainerize app.
Video workouts can be added to a client's program or master program just like all the other workouts.
How to create a video workout?
You can create a new video workout from the Master Workouts page, in the Shared folder.
- Go to Master workouts:
- Select the Shared folder.
Please note: Access to editing the Master Workout Shared folder is restricted to certain trainer roles. You can read more about trainer and staff permissions here.
- Under "View All", click on the "NEW" button, if you have any previously made workouts:
Or click on "Build New" if there are none:
- Select "Video" in the "Type of Workout" option:
- Next, in the video workout dialog, you can upload your video, as well as add a name, instructions and tags to the workout:
- Click "SAVE":
Now that your video workout has been created, you can now import it to any Master or Client Custom Program.
Keep in mind:
- The duration of the video can be: up to 60 min.
- The video format supported: .mp4 or .mov files
- Video orientation: please ensure your video is in landscape format.
- Replacing a video for an existing workout will delete the previous one, cannot be recovered once you agree
- Replacing the video will trickle down to all linked instances (programs, wods)
- Editing the name or instructions will not trickle down to the linked instances.
- You cannot create a new video workout from Master Programs or from a client's Custom Program. However, you can import a video workout from your Master Workouts to any Program.
How to import a video workout to any program?
You can import the video workouts just like any other workout type from master workouts.
- First, import the workout into the desired Training Phase:
- Importing the same video workout will not work; you will be notified with an error message in the bottom of the screen:
Keep in mind:
- When importing, imported video workouts will be a linked sequence to original video workout in master workouts, it cannot be edited, you can only delete it from the program.
- Video workout can be imported into a master or custom program
- The instance within a program is linked to the master workout
- You cannot import the same video workout twice within a program training phase
Pricing and public launch:
Video workouts are currently free while in BETA. Please reach out to our team if you want to be a beta tester of this feature.
We will follow up with the cost structure for upload and streaming as we get closer to the public launch (Summer 2020).
- How to compress your video workouts before uploading (Currently in BETA)
- What types of workouts can I create?
- How to Create and Send Workouts to a Client
- How To Schedule Workouts For A Client
- How To Track Workouts For A Client
This article was last updated on