- I upgraded to an Enterprise plan - what additional features do I get?
- Why do I have to create Developer Accounts for Apple and/or Google?
- Can I just have an Apple App/Android App - Do I need to have both Apps?
- How long does the process take? How soon can I have my App ready and live for my clients?
- Will I get any updates or previews of my App?
- What is a "white-label" app?
- Will there be any difference or lag in the app while I'm working on this? Will clients notice a change?
- What customizations can I have?
Please see some common Frequently Asked Questions below:
I upgraded to an Enterprise plan - what additional features do I get?
- We are so excited that you have grown your business! The Enterprise Custom App has more customizable features than both Studio and Pro. The Pro customization is more focused on branding, where as the Studio segment offers some customizable features. Enterprise has more customizable features our team will work with you to develop.
Why do I have to create Developer Accounts for Apple and/or Google?
- Trainerize cannot create the accounts on your behalf, as the Developer Accounts need to be directly under your business entity for the App(s) to be published. In order for the Apps to be listed under your business, they cannot be created by Trainerize.
Can I just have an Apple App/Android App - Do I need to have both Apps?
- Yes. Our mission is to Make Fitness Accessible. In order to accomplish this, we will need to create Apps for both devices. Some of your clients will have Apple devices, while others will have Android devices; there will even be some with both! In order for your clients to be able to access your App and help you generate more business, we will have to create apples under both Apple and Google.
How long does the process take? How soon can I have my App ready and live for my clients?
- Typically, we can get this done in 4-6 business weeks. This range is dependent on when your Developer Accounts are created and when Trainerize has been added as Admins. Additionally, time is spent on the design process and getting it approved. Lastly, there may be rejections from Apple and/or Google that we will have to dispute that will cause a delay in your App live date. Common rejections are:
- Proof of ownership required
- Proof of trademark required for App name
We suggest you keep these documents available so as to help with the turnaround time. Trainerize will assist in the process of disputing/claims.
Will I get any updates or previews of my App?
- Yes. Both your Account Manager and a member of our Custom Branded App Team will keep you updated on the status of your Enterprise Custom Branded App. You will be provided with a preview of your App before we publish it, and you can approve the design.
What is a "white label" app?
- This is a term applied to any app that is built from a standard design.
As you might imagine, building and designing an app from the ground up is a complicated—and for most businesses, prohibitively expensive—process.
The white-label app used by Trainerize is the Trainerize app that you have used or seen a demo of. By using our app, we customize the app with images and colours according to the needs of each client.
This allows us to provide apps to a far wider range of businesses than would otherwise be possible—including many businesses that simply don't have the resources or time to develop an in-house app of their own.
Will there be any difference or lag in the app while I'm working on this? Will clients notice a change?
- No, clients should not notice any changes at this time. When your white-label app is ready, you and your clients can log in with all your data/information there.
What customizations can I have?
- The Custom Branded App offers you design branding to match your brand and company. This includes logo, splash screens, and font colour. For enterprise, badges can also be customized. The designs must come from you. Please contact our team if you have any questions.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us. Our team is always here to help!
- Studio/Enterprise Custom Branded App: Required Assets
- Studio/Enterprise Custom Branded App: Apple Developer Account
- Studio/Enterprise Custom Branded App: Google Developer Account
- Studio/Enterprise Custom Branded App: Adding Trainerize to your Developer Accounts
This article was last updated on