- I upgraded to a Studio/Enterprise plan from a Pro plan - what additional features do I get?
- Why do I have to create a Developer Account for Apple and not Google?
- Can I just have an Apple App/Android App - Do I need to have both Apps?
- Can I enroll in the Apple Developer Program as an Individual instead of an Organization Account?
- Do I need a legal business entity to have my app set up?
- I have a DUNS # but the information needs to be updated. How do I update it?
- I need support with my Apple Developer Account. Who should I contact?
- How long does the process take? How soon can I have my App ready and live for my clients?
- Will I get any updates or previews of my App?
- What is a "white-label" app?
- Will there be any difference or lag in the app while I'm working on this? Will clients notice a change?
- What customizations can I have?
- Will I lose my client data when I get my custom branded app?
Please see some common Frequently Asked Questions below:
I upgraded to a Studio/Enterprise plan from a Pro plan - what additional features do I get?
- We are so excited that you have grown your business! The Studio and Enterprise Custom Branded Apps have more customizable features than Pro. The Pro customization is more focused on basic and minimal branding: you only get your topbar colour changed and a welcome screen; with a Studio/Enterprise Custom Branded App - you get a full white-label version of our app: you have your own listings in Apple and Google, your brand's colour palette, and more. Your app is designed by our professional, senior designers. The Studio/Enterprise Custom Branded App is a collaborative process.
Why do I have to create a Developer Account for Apple and not Google?
- We cannot directly publish your app to our own Apple developer account. You must create and maintain your own account with Apple. This is due Apple's overarching policies regarding "white label" apps--whereby a single developer cannot use the same base template to release multiple apps. Unlike Apple, Google's policies are less strict, so we are able host your app on our own account. This is also more secure as your app and the corresponding Google API is maintained through our account and cloud.
Can I just have an Apple App/Android App - Do I need to have both Apps?
- Yes. Our mission is to Make Fitness Accessible. In order to accomplish this, we will need to create Apps for both devices. Some of your clients will have Apple devices, while others will have Android devices; there will even be some with both! In order for your clients to be able to access your App and help you generate more business, we will have to create apps for both Apple and Google.
Can I enroll in the Apple Developer Program as an Individual instead of an Organization Account?
- No, you must be enrolled as an Organization. Apple does not allow Individual accounts to add other accounts with developer permissions. Without these permissions, the CBA team is unable to publish your app on your own account. Therefore, you must be enrolled as an Organization to have your own stand-alone iOS app.
If you enrolled as an Individual, contact the CBA team to learn how to upgrade your Apple Developer account. If you are unable to enroll as an Organization since your legal status is a sole proprietorship/single person business, advise your Onboarding Specialist or the CBA team to get/rebrand your Pro Custom Branded App.
Do I need a legal business entity to have my app set up?
Yes, your business must be recognized as a legal entity (such as a corporation, limited partnership, or limited liability company) to enter into the legal terms and obligations of Apple Developer Program agreements. DBAs, fictitious businesses, trade names, and branches are not accepted. This is required before getting a DUNs number. To get your app as fast as possible, please register your business prior to starting the app process. This is required by Apple. You are not able to bypass this.
I have a DUNS # but the information needs to be updated. How do I update it?
- To update the information linked to your DUNS #, submit a request here. It can take up to 2 business days for D&B to provide Apple the updated information.
I need support with my Apple Developer Account. Who should I contact?
- The CBA team is limited in the support we can provide since your Developer account is hosted and managed through Apple. For this reason, we recommend reaching out directly to Apple Developer Support for all questions related to your Apple ID, Apple Developer enrollment, account information and account updates.
It’s been over two weeks since I enrolled in the Apple Developer Program and have not heard from Apple to verify my account?
- Sign into your account on the developer website with the Apple ID you used to enroll to check the status of your enrollment. If it’s been over two weeks and you still have not heard from Apple, contact Apple Developer support with your Enrollment ID.
How long does the process take? How soon can I have my App ready and live for my clients?
- Typically, we can get this done in 4-6 business weeks. This range is dependent on when your Apple Developer Account is created and when we have been added as an admin. Additionally, time is spent on the design process and getting it approved. Lastly, there may be rejections from Apple that we will have to dispute that will cause a delay in your app live date. Common rejections are:
- Proof of ownership required
- Proof of trademark required for app name
We suggest you keep these documents available so as to help with the turnaround time. We will assist in the process of disputing/claims.
Will I get any updates or previews of my App?
- Yes. Both your Onboarding Specialist and a member of our Custom Branded App Team will keep you updated on the status of your Studio/Enterprise Custom Branded App. You will be provided with a preview of your app before we publish it, so you can approve the design.
What is a "white label" app?
- This is a term applied to any app that is built from a standard design.
As you might imagine, building and designing an app from the ground up is a complicated—and for most businesses, prohibitively expensive—process. By using our app, we customize our standard design for the app with images and colours dictated by the needs of each client.
This allows us to provide apps to a far wider range of businesses than would otherwise be possible—including many businesses who simply don't have the resources to develop an in-house app of their own.
Will there be any difference or lag in the app while I'm working on this? Will clients notice a change?
- No, clients should not notice any changes at this time. When your white-label app is ready, you and your clients can log in with all your data/information there.
What customizations can I have?
- The Custom Branded App offers you design branding to match your brand and company. This includes logo, splash screens, and font colour. Please note, widgets, icons, cannot be customized for the Studio level at this time; it is only available for Enterprise.
Will I lose my client data when I get my custom branded app?
- All of your client data will be saved after your app is published. There is no need to wait to use the Trainerize platform until your custom branded app is live. Think of the branding as the “skin” of the app, while Trainerize is the “skeleton”. We’ve got a great article that explains how you can seamlessly transition clients from the Trainerize app onto your custom branded app. Check it out here.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us. Our team is always here to help!
This article was last updated on