This article is going to provide a break-down of everything related to helping you get you Google Developer Account. This is a requirement to obtain your Custom Branded App under our Studio and Enterprise segments.
All businesses that want to publish an app for Android users are required to create a Google Play Store Developer Account. To create a Google Play Store account to publish your App, you will need to pay a onetime $25 (USD) developer fee charged by Google.
- How to create a Google Play Store Developer Account
- Add Trainerize as a Project Owner on Google Cloud Project
- Transaction ID
Requirements for a Google Play Store Developer Account
You will need the following to be able to create a Google Play Store Developer Account: a business email under Gmail. If you do not have a Gmail account then you will be prompted to create one.
How to create a Google Play Store Developer Account
Note: have a credit card ready as there is a $25 (USD) developer fee charged by Google annually.
Follow the steps below to create your Google Play Store Developer Account:
1. Go to Google Play Store Console
2. Create an account or log into your Gmail.
To create a new Gmail account:
- Fill out the form
- Click Next Step
- Click Back to Google Play Developer Console
3. Select the Google Play Developer distribution agreement check-box to acknowledge your agreement and click Continue to payment to pay the $25 (USD) fee.
4. Enter your payment information, and click Accept and continue.
5. You will receive an email from Google notifying you when your account is ready to be activated.
Note: This process can take up to a week to activate.
6. Activate your Account
For your Android App, we will require two additional pieces from you: the API Key and the Transaction ID.
Add Trainerize as a Project Owner on Google Cloud Project
Once you have created your Play Store Console account and added Trainerize as an Admin, you will have to follow the steps below to provide Trainerize with API Key to allow us to publish and update your App:
- Log in to Google Play Console
- On the left dashboard, click Settings
- Under Developer account, click API Access
- Click on the blue box: Choose a project to link
- Agree to the Terms of Service by clicking on I agree
- Under Linked Google Cloud project, select Create new project and click Link project
Once the above is done, follow the steps below:
- Log into Google Cloud Platform
- On the left hand dashboard, click on IAM
- On the top bar, click +ADD
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org
- For role, select Project > Owner
- Click on send notification email
- Click Save
The last step in the Google Developer Account process is your Transaction ID. The Transaction ID is needed, as it allows Trainerize to transfer your Custom Branded App to your Google Developer Account if you upgraded your account from our Pro segment to our Studio or Enterprise segments.
To find the transaction ID, search your email inbox for the payment confirmation email from Google when you paid the $25USD fee.
It is in the below format:
- Studio/Enterprise Custom Branded App: Required Assets
- Studio/Enterprise Custom Branded App: Apple Developer Account
- Studio/Enterprise Custom Branded App: Adding Trainerize to your Developer Accounts
This article was last updated on