This article is going to provide a break-down of everything related to helping you get your Google Developer Account. This is a requirement to obtain your Custom Branded App under our Studio and Enterprise segments.
All businesses that want to publish an app for Android users are required to create a Google Play Store Developer Account. To create a Google Play Store account to publish your App, you will need to pay a one-time $25 (USD) developer fee charged by Google.
Once added, please follow the directions to add us to Google Cloud.
Requirements for a Google Play Store Developer Account
You will need the following to be able to create a Google Play Store Developer Account: a business email under Gmail. If you do not have a Gmail account then you will be prompted to create one.
How to create a Google Play Store Developer Account
Note: have a credit card ready as there is a $25 (USD) developer fee charged by Google annually.
Follow the steps below to create your Google Play Store Developer Account:
1. Go to Google Play Store Console
2. Create an account or log into your Gmail.
To create a new Gmail account:
- Fill out the form
- Click Next Step
- Click Back to Google Play Developer Console
3. Select the Google Play Developer distribution agreement check-box to acknowledge your agreement and click Continue to payment to pay the $25 (USD) fee.
4. Enter your payment information, and click Accept and continue.
5. You will receive an email from Google notifying you when your account is ready to be activated.
Note: This process can take up to a week to activate.
6. Activate your Account
For your Android App, we will require your Transaction ID.
The last step in the Google Developer Account process is your Transaction ID. The Transaction ID is needed, as it allows Trainerize to transfer your Custom Branded App to your Google Developer Account if you upgraded your account from our Pro segment to our Studio or Enterprise segments.
To find the transaction ID, search your email inbox for the payment confirmation email from Google when you paid the $25USD fee.
It is in the below format:
- Studio/Enterprise Custom Branded App: Required Assets
- Studio/Enterprise Custom Branded App: Apple Developer Account
- Studio/Enterprise Custom Branded App: Adding Trainerize to your Developer Accounts
This article was last updated on