This article walks you through the step-by-step set up of Zoom and Trainerize for online workouts, online PT sessions and streaming workouts with your clients.
In this article:
- Delivering an Online PT Session with Zoom and Trainerize
- Delivering a Group PT Session with Zoom and Trainerize
- Delivering an At-Home Class or Workout
- Tips for Creating At-Home Workouts
What you'll need:
- Laptop with a web cam or your phone
- A Zoom account (The Free Zoom Basic plan has a 40-minute time limit on meetings with 3 or more participants)
- Mic or headset (Optional)
- Tripod, stand for laptop (Optional)
- Space to record in your home (4-10ft)
- Trainerize account for managing clients and groups messaging and engagement
Before you begin:
Open Zoom and log in.
Open your Trainerize account in Google Chrome.
Depending if this is an individual PT Session or a group follow the steps below:
Delivering an Online PT Session
1. Go to Zoom and Click: “Host a Meeting” and select “With Video On”.
2. This will prompt the Zoom app to install and open. Once you are in the meeting, click on "Invite".
3. Copy your meeting URL by clicking on "Copy URL":
Your meeting URL will look something like this:
4. In Trainerize, navigate to Messages and paste the Zoom meeting URL in the client chat.
This will generate a preview that clients can click at the time of their PT session to join right away.
Pro Tip! You can also record the meeting/session if you want to keep it for reference. You can do this from the Zoom conference:
Delivering a Group PT Session:
1. Follow steps 1 to 3 above for setting up a Zoom meeting and copying the meeting URL.
2. In Trainerize, navigate to Groups and paste the Zoom meeting URL in the group chat. This will generate a preview that clients can click at the time of their Group PT session to join right away.
Delivering an At-Home Class or Workout Online
You can deliver a longer class or workout either live or by recording it in advance and then including it in a workout for your clients.
1. Record your fitness class at-home workout and include in your client's program.
Follow the steps below:
d. Share workout with your clients. You can do this in a couple of ways:
- Add it to a Master Program (all clients on subscribed to that master program will receive it). Important note: In order for clients to get your workout right away the workout needs to be in the current training phase.
- Add it to a Client's Custom Program if you only want to share this with certain clients. Important note: In order for clients to get your workout right away the workout needs to be in the current training phase.
2. Once it's included your clients will see this in their Trainerize app.
Clients can pick the class by tapping on "+" and starting any Workout.
Get more tips and ideas on how to create a library of at-home Fitness/Yoga/Studio Clases for your gym members and PT clients.
Tips for Creating At-Home Workouts
- Don't stress about the quality, your clients need a solution and they want to train with you!
- Practice your class in front of the camera before doing a zoom meeting.
- Check sound, lighting and be mindful of time once you start the class
- Look at the screen and smile for your clients as you train
- If you want to use music, keep it to a background sound level as it might disrupt the audio and your voice
- With regards to equipment, adapt your at-home classes or workouts to equipment your clients have at home. Think of workouts for no equipment, minimal equipment, resistance bands, TRX, or basic free weights. You can create various workouts for these scenarios.
- You can also be creative and recommend equipment substitutions like books for stepper, stairs, backpack instead of kettlebells, jugs of water instead of dumbells.
- Get more tips here: The “Everything You Need to Know Guide” to Filming On-demand and Live Workouts
The “Everything You Need to Know Guide” to Filming On-demand and Live Workouts
Read more at: https://www.trainerize.com/blog/the-everything-you-need-to-know-guide-to-filming-on-demand-and-live-workouts/The “Everything You Need to Know Guide” to Filming On-demand and Live Workouts
Read more at: https://www.trainerize.com/blog/the-everything-you-need-to-know-guide-to-filming-on-demand-and-live-workouts/
- Creating A Clients Virtual PT Schedule With Trainerize and Zoom
- How to create a library of at-home Fitness/Yoga/Studio Clases for your gym members and PT clients
- How to Set up Skype and Trainerize for delivering Online Workouts and PT Sessions
- Importing videos from YouTube into Trainerize
- Add Custom Exercises Directly Through Mobile App
This article was last updated on