Discount Codes can be applied in two ways: Sharing a Discount Code and Manually applying a Discount Code.
Sharing a coupon code is a great option if you want to run a promotion with a discount code that you share with your clients and the public. New clients can apply the coupon themselves when they purchase a product listed on your Trainerize.me page.
Manually applying a Discount Code to your client gives you greater control over who gets a discount and at what amount based on the intricacies of their needs. You may want to apply a larger discount to long-term trainees, or manually apply a discount based on a client that refers other clients to you.
1. Sharing a Discount Code (for new clients only)
When a potential client clicks the “Buy” button for a product, they will be required to fill in their information and will see an option to fill in a Discount Code. Since this is a new subscription, the discount code will be applied at the time of purchase.
If any clients with active subscriptions want to buy a new product, they will not be able complete the purchase through Trainerize.me. Instead, a dialogue will prompt them to reach out to their trainer directly. This is because clients can only have one active subscription at a time. You can still offer a discount code to your existing clients by manually applying a code.
2. Manually Applying a Discount Code (for existing clients)
- In the "Clients" tab, select the client you wish to apply the discount code for and click the "Payments" tab on their Profile Card.
- Click on the name of the Product you wish to apply a discount code for.
3. The Purchase Details for that Product will open up in a pop-up window.
4. Next to the "Discount Code:" section, there will be an "Apply Discount Code" link which will prompt you to select a discount code and click "Add".
Removing a Discount Code from a Client's Account
- In the "Clients" tab, click on the name of the client you wish to remove a discount code for.
- Click on the Payments tab at the top of the client Profile Card and select the name of the Product you wish to remove a discount code for.
- To the right of the "Discount Code" section, click the "Remove" link.
Please note: Discount codes can only be removed for active products that have a recurring payment, in which case, any subsequent payments that for recurring payment will not include the discount code. For products that have a one-time payment (i.e. a 4-week holiday boot camp for $200), there is no option to remove the discount code, as the payment has already been taken. In that case, you can process a partial refund for your client.