If you are using Paypal for your online payments, and you want to move over to a seamless payment experience with Trainerize Pay, you will need to follow these quick steps.
1. Cancel the "Auto-Renew" for any client subscriptions you have created in Paypal.
As per Paypal's cancelation terms, cancelling a subscription cancels all future scheduled payments of that subscription. A subscription can be cancelled up until the day of the next scheduled payment.
Follow the steps below to cancel an existing auto-renewing subscription for your clients.
If you are using the new Paypal interface, follow these steps:
- On the top menu inside your PayPal account, go to "More".
- From here select "Reports" (from the drop down menu under "More").
- Under "Other Reports", click on "Recurring payments - user profiles".
- Choose "Active" from the drop down and click the "View" button. You should then see a list of all subscriptions from users and should see a button to cancel them from there.
If you are using the old Paypal, follow these steps:
- Click on "Profile" link inside your PayPal account near the top.
- Click "My Selling Tools".
- Under the section "Getting paid and managing my risk" (may have to click to open it if it is not expanded) - click the "update" button under "My automatic payments"
- You should see a list of customers that can be filtered by the options in the drop down menu the same way as the above options for the newer version of Paypal.
Note: Your customers can also cancel their own subscription through their paypal account. To make that a little easier, you also can put a cancellation button on your site by going to "OptimizeMember > Paypal Buttons > Paypal Subscr Cancellation Button" and add the shortcode into a "custom html/shortcode" element in the live editor.